ASR was contracted by a Valve Manufacturer to analyze and optimize the valves of a multi-mission spacecraft for physical testing. The multi-mission spacecraft was selected to provide cargo deliveries to low earth orbit (LEO) and would require the ability to maneuver in space. The valves were required to pass a series of thermal, structural, and combined tests.
- Pressure analysis
- Structural Analysis
- Thermal-Structural Analysis
- Dynamic and Vibration Analysis
- Combined Loading analysis
- Fatigue and Fracture Toughness Analysis
- Bolt calculations and qualification
- Model Validation and Optimization
Was weight reduced, if so by what %. Was strength or structural efficiency improved while maintaining weight? This is where bragging happens.
- Material removed and added where it was more needed while maintaining the weight requirements
- Special features were added to redistribute the load paths for a more robust design
- Spacecraft successfully passed physical testing on time
ASR is a mechanical and aerospace engineering firm that specializes in engineering design and analysis. If you are in need of engineering services then contact us today to speak to one of our experienced engineers for a free quote on your project!