The Dream Chaser by Sierra Nevada Corporation is a state of art spacecraft. It was selected by NASA to provide Cargo deliveries to low Earth Orbit(LOE) as a multi-mission space utility vehicle starting 2020. The Dream Chaser is a vehicle that must maneuver in space.
ASR was contracted by Valcor Corp to analysis and optimize the valves to be qualified for physical testing. The valves are required to pass a series of thermal, structural and combined tests set by NASA and internally.
- The structure was optimized through removing material and adding it to where it was most structurally effective to increase strength while maintaining stringent weight requirements.
- Special features were added based on analysis results to redistribute the load paths for a more robust design.
- Pressure analysis
- Structural Analysis
- Thermal-Structural Analysis
- Dynamic and Vibration Analysis
- Combined Loading analysis
- Fatigue and Fracture Toughness Analysis
- Bolt calculations and qualification
- Model Validation and Optimization