As a mechanical and aerospace engineering firm, we offer a broad range of services. Use this page as a reference for which engineering services may be right for you!
- Mechanical Design Services
- Analysis Services
- Manufacturing Support
- Product Testing & Validation
- Business Support
Mechanical Design Service
Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
- Bring your ideas to life by having your sketches or ideas turned into 3D computer models.
- See your product prior to investing in manufacturing a prototype.
- Make your pitch decks or proposals stand out from the competition with stunning CAD renders.
- Get fully defined engineering drawings to use when manufacturing a prototype.
- Avoid the potential for costly clearance or tolerance complications during the manufacturing and assembly process.
- Prevent clearance issues during the assembly process.
- Check form, fit, and function of the assembly.
- Verify your product’s full range of motion.
- Generate computer renderings of your product.
- Take your idea from sketches on a napkin to a detailed 3D CAD model.
- Gain access to our experienced engineers who can take your product idea from concept to production.
- Optimize your product for cost or performance with advanced engineering tools.
- Get engineering support as your product develops over time and from customer feedback while you’re searching for product market fit.
- Cut unnecessary material to reduce weight and save money.
- Meet specific performance criteria.
Composite Part Design
- Design & Analyze composite components for manufacturability and performance.
- Our engineers our experienced with carbon fiber, kevlar, honeycomb cores, and fiberglass.
Electro-Optic Systems & Components
- Prevent beam pointing errors caused by thermal deformation.
- Prevent components from over heating.
- Ensure that your system is ready to handle any work loads that it will be exposed to.
- Prevent your electrical systems from overheating.
- Keep sensitive spacecraft systems and instruments safe from large thermal fluctuations
- Ensure that internal combustion engine exhaust doesn’t damage nearby components.
- Prevent overheating from destroying your circuits.
- Ensure that your electronic systems have adequate protection from their anticipated environment.
Product Lifecycle Support
- Get product support after launch to allowing for making improvements to your design for future iterations.
- Get assistance with setting up manufacturing.
- Develop a family of products centered around your initial product for lower cost thanks to our previous experience.
- We can help design custom tooling that specialized components and assemblies often require.
Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Predict your product or solution’s performance.
- Gain valuable insights into how to arrive at a working solution.
- Avoid wasting significant investment from failing a critical certification test.
- Learn why a design isn’t meeting performance goals.
- End the endless guess and test product iteration method with insightful design performance information.
- Check your design for complicated loading scenarios.
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Gain valuable insights into the performance of fluid system such as a combustion engine, HVAC system, convective cooling system, microfluidic chip, or plumbing system.
- Gain an advanced understanding of how fluids load structures such as wind and hydrodynamic loads on structures, aerodynamic loads on aircraft, or hydrodynamic loads on watercraft and submersibles.
- Determine heat transfer between components as a result of convection and ensure that you’re cooling systems are adequate to prevent over heating.
- Use the information generated from the CFD analysis to make educated design revisions to further optimize your design or reach a working solution faster.
- Have your structure analyzed for complex load situations to ensure it meets with performance requirements without the need for an expensive prototype or physical testing.
- Whether you’re designing a large civil structure or a rocket valve, our services will add confidence to your design by providing a plot of stresses and strains at each point of your structure to be checked against the material and performance allowable.
Dynamic & Vibration Analysis
- Analyze structures that are exposed to dynamic and vibrational loads such as those that occur during rocket launches, earthquakes, traffic, impacts, and explosions.
- Gain an understanding of how your structure will react to such loads to improve your design, optimizing geometries or meeting performance requirements.
- Whether you’re designing a satellite component, a high rise building, a bridge, product packaging, or consumer products our dynamic & vibration analysis can help ensure that you’re products meet customer demands.
Fatigue & Fracture Toughness: Durability Analyses
- Whether you’re working on a building, vehicle, consumer product, or industrial machine it’s critical to understand your products life expectancy.
- Our durability analysis services can determine if your product meets with fatigue & fracture design requirements to ensure that the required life expectancy of your product is met.
- Don’t leave customers disappointed with a product that fails after only a few uses.
- Ensure that your electronic components don’t overheat and leave customers unsatisfied with performance or fail prematurely.
- Determine the heat transfer properties to ensure it meets with performance goals.
- Learn how your product will deform while heated or cooled to ensure it meets performance goals in all environments.
- Design insulation for your performance requirements.
- Analyze Fluid-Structure Interactions (FSI)
- Check to ensure that structures exposed to river & ocean currents meet performance requirements.
- Gain insight into how an aircraft’s body reacts to aerodynamic loads.
- Determine a watercraft’s hull performance at varying speeds.
- Analyze Thermal-Structure Coupling
- Learn how a combustion engine’s structure reacts to thermal loads.
- Protect satellites against stresses caused from large thermal gradients caused by radiation in space.
- Analyze Non-isothermal Flow
- Combine conduction and convection to determine the total heat transfer in a system.
- Check electrical enclosures for adequate cooling with both convective and conductive heat transfer allowing for water cooling, fans, and heat sinks to all be incorporated.
- Electromagnetic-Structural Coupling
- Ensure that electromagnetic fields generated by electronics don’t exceed the stress limits of other components.
Standards & Codes
- Ensure that your products satisfy specific code requirements.
- Aircraft components need to adhere to FAA requirements.
- Civil structures need to adhere to the IBC and ASCE/SEI 7.
- Fall protection and other safety equipment need to meet with OSHA requirements.
- Spacecraft have to meet NASA’s 5000 series of Standards.
- Most products and industries today have standard requirements or special certifications that customers demand.
- Ensure sensitive optical components will survive all loading scenarios which can include anything from space launch to crashing ocean waves to difficult deployment requirements.
- Check that your system has adequate thermal management to keep optical systems within their operating temperature range.
- Model your optical systems light propagation.
- Model and optimize your microfluidics chip to maximize channel density, solve mixing & dispersion issues, and more.
- Have your components and products analyzed prior to going through expensive certification testing to ensure that you pass certification on your first attempt!
- Pass FAA approval for flying in icing conditions.
- Prevent ice buildup from causing issues while flying.
- Generate professional 3D CAD models to run on a 3D Printer.
- Analyze 3D printed components for durability, and other performance specifications.
- Gain access to our extensive network of experienced prototyping shops.
- Have the manufacturing of your prototypes overseen by experience engineers to prevent issues during manufacturing.
Design for Manufacturability (DFM)
- Reduce your manufacturing costs by having your component designs be optimized for today’s most affordable manufacturing processes.
- Prevent part specifications from confusing a manufacturer which can add significant and unnecessary costs.
- Get the drawings you need to accurately communicate component specifications.
Product Testing & Validation
- Design testing plans to accurately verify product quality or validate a design for performance requirements.
Test Fixture Design
- Get custom design test fixture that economically tests your products to validate performance or ensure quality standards are met.
Analysis Model Validation & Calibration
- Use data obtained through physical testing to validate a computational model and refine parameters to generate more accurate results moving forward.
- Make your pitch or proposal stand apart with stunning 3D CAD renders or add credibility to your idea with analytical models.
- Get the engineering drawings and technical documentation you need for a successful patent.
- Have your idea reviewed for validation by experienced engineers.
- Only pay for engineering when you need it.
- Scale your engineering capabilities to match your needs as you project develops.
- Eliminate paying for engineering while between projects.
- Gain access to advanced engineering tools without paying the high license fees or investing in training.
- Scale your engineering workforce as you need it.
- Keep your engineering costs in line with your project demands.